Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fisher's First Birthday



Fisher's First Birthday
Fisher's First Birthday party was so much fun! It was small, just close friends and family. He was so cute, smiling from ear to ear whenever he heard "Birthday Boy!". We decorated with leftover streamers and a sign from Molly's first birthday and Molly and I printed and colored letters to spell out "F-I-S-H-E-R". Grammy got little buckets with shovels and Nemo fruit snacks and Goldfish crackers and sea-themed tub squirters for party favors and I painted the names of the child guests on the buckets along with the scripture "Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19 They turned out so cute!
For Fisher's cake, I just bought a Carvel icecream cake at the grocery store and stuck fish from the fishing game in it and wrote Fisher. I'm glad I didn't spend a lot of time making a cake since we had to postpone the party a week. However, the icing on those Carvel cakes is aweful! The kids mouths and hands were dyed blue and you could taste the food coloring, so in the future I will scrape that off if I ever buy one again.
I have such mixed feelings about him being one, on one hand it feels like it has flown by. On the other hand, I feel like I've known him forever, and I can hardly remember my life without him. I am so thankful for being his mommy and I'm so excited about the years and birthdays to come!







0 comments:

Post a Comment